The little adventurers continue on to preschool, where they are met with Royal International School’s Curriculum. Here, our goal is to prepare your child for the challenges that lurk ahead. Our teachers plan to support each child to implant a sense of confidence and accomplishment as they bask in their successes.
Royal International School has created the preschool program to accommodate preschoolers desire to learn and make their own discoveries.
Our curriculum is dived into weekly, theme based units. It includes Words of the Week to strengthen and increase vocabularies and develop character. It also provides individual and group exercises to compliment your child’s growth and development and provide the, with opportunities to find their personal interests. These Weekly Character Connections develop strong, positive character traits and boost self-esteem in every child.
As children enter preschool, the Royal International School Curriculum shifts to a more planned structure, preparing preschoolers for the academic schedules they’ll soon find in elementary school.
Our Curriculum includes:
- Child-directed learning allowing preschoolers to process and self-regulate their own decisions.
- Language, physical, and cognitive development focusing on learning curves needed for developmental milestones.
- Small group activities planned for every child throughout each day.
- Literacy and writing activities are age-appropriate and provided daily.
- Activities and music balancing learning and fun.
- Emotional and social development taking place with peers and teachers.
- Planned outdoor activities providing for physical fitness and development.
- Daily enrichment activities encouraging imaginative and creative play.
- Progress reports informing parents of children’s daily accomplishments.
- Decision-making skills supporting growing minds.
Every day at Royal International School, children will spend their time exploring, learning, and accomplishing new skills. Playtime is not underestimated in our preschool learning environment at Royal International School. Through working with and observing children, we understand that as children work and play in well-designed learning environment, they learn to make better choices.
In Royal International School, your child will learn critical developmental skills. Here are just a few examples:
- Construction section develops spatial awareness through stacking, sorting, building, and recreating.
- Imagination section- Social skills, self-confidence, and respect
- Library & Literature section- Listening skills, word recognition and oral language skills
- Writing section- Eye hand coordination, name recognition and self-expression
- Exploration section- Classification, problem solving and sequencing
- Discovery section- Experimentation, exploration and prediction
- Sensory section- fine motor skills, measuring, and creativity
- Music & Movement section- Listening, teamwork and patterning
- Alphabet section helps children build their language skills.
- Art section presents free-choice art experiences that develop skills and imagination.
- Dramatic Play section encourages individual and group role play activities with realistic and imaginary props.
- Number section allows children apply math skills with a variety of materials and strategies.
- Reading section promotes independent reading and a love of books.
- Science/Sensory section allows children to experiment with materials.
- Writing section encourages beginning letter formation through a variety of materials and activities.